You are here
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has posted guidance regarding administrative supplements. The announcement informs principal investigators (PIs) holding specific types of NIH research grants that funds may be available for administrative supplements.
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) currently allows these types of administrative supplements:
- NIDCD Administrative Research Supplements to Promote Emergence of Clinician-Scientists in Chemosensory Research
- Supplements to Promote Diversity
- Re-entry Supplements
- Supplements to Promote Research Continuity and Retention of NIH Mentored Career Development (K) Award Recipients and Scholars
- Administrative Supplements for Continuity of Biomedical and Behavioral Research Among First-Time Recipients of NIH Research Project Grant Awards
- Generic Administrative Supplements: These supplements are restricted to budgetary requests arising from unusual or exceptional circumstances (e.g., natural disasters) and emergencies. Requests related to lapses in funding and possible new directions will not be considered. The NIDCD has very limited funds for such supplements, and approves such requests infrequently. PIs are advised to contact their program officer before proceeding.