The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has posted guidance regarding administrative supplements. The announcement informs principal investigators (PIs) holding specific types of NIH research grants that funds may be available for administrative supplements.
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) currently allows these types of administrative supplements:
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): NIDCD National Research Service Award (NRSA) T32 and T35 Diversity Administrative Supplement
- Supplements to Promote Diversity
- Administrative Supplements to Promote Diversity in Research and Development: Small Businesses-SBIR/STTR
- Supplements to Promote Re-Entry and Re-Integration into Health-Related Research Careers
- Supplements to Promote Research Continuity and Retention of NIH Mentored Career Development (K) Award Recipients and Scholars
- Administrative Supplements for Continuity of Biomedical and Behavioral Research Among First-Time Recipients of NIH Research Project Grant Awards
- Generic Administrative Supplements: These supplements are restricted to budgetary requests arising from unusual or exceptional circumstances (e.g., natural disasters) and emergencies. Requests related to lapses in funding and possible new directions will not be considered. The NIDCD has very limited funds for such supplements, and approves such requests infrequently. PIs are advised to contact their program officer before proceeding.