NIDCD supports and conducts research and research training in hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language. The NIDCD strategic plan presents a series of themes and goals that highlight the most promising research needs within NIDCD’s mission areas as well as NIH-wide crosscutting priorities.
2023-2027 NIDCD Strategic Plan
The strategic plan is designed to help NIDCD prioritize its research funding by identifying areas of opportunity and knowledge gaps. By supporting research in the strategic plan, NIDCD aims to improve quality of life for people with deafness or communication disorders.
- 2023-2027 NIDCD Strategic Plan (or download PDF version)
- NIDCD Unveils 2023-2027 Strategic Plan: A Message from the NIDCD Director
- Future Directions in NIDCD Research: 2023-2027 NIDCD Strategic Plan Infographic
In conjunction with the release of the 2023-2027 strategic plan, leading professional journals and professional association websites have published editorials and blog posts elaborating on specific components of the plan most relevant to their readership/membership.
- Association for Chemoreception Sciences (AChemS)
- Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology (PDF | 844 KB)
- The AAO-HNS Bulletin
- The ASHA Leader
NIH Minority Health and Health Disparities Strategic Plan
NIDCD helped develop and is supporting the efforts described in the NIH Minority Health and Health Disparities Strategic Plan.
* Note: PDF files require a viewer such as the free Adobe Reader.