NIDCD helps scientists at all stages of their careers—from high school students to senior scientists. From a small feasibility study to a large clinical trial, NIDCD offers a variety of funding mechanisms that support a broad range of research ideas.
The following resources explain the grants process from application to award and provide NIDCD-specific guidance to help you submit a successful application:
- Support for Early Stage Investigators
- Launching Your NIDCD Research Career
- Fellowships Webinar: National Research Service Award (NRSA) Predoctoral Fellowship Programs (video)
- Funding Opportunities for Junior Faculty from the NIDCD (video)
- How to Apply for an NIDCD Grant
- Sample Grant Applications
- NIDCD Fiscal Year 2023 Funding Guidelines
- Grant Review: Frequently Asked Questions
- NIDCD Fellowships: Frequently Asked Questions
Planning and Applying
- Grants Process Overview (NIH)
- Resources and Programs for NIH Grant Applicants (infographic) (PDF | 909 KB) (NIH)
- Deadlines (Application Receipt Dates) (NIH)
- Electronic Submission (NIH)
- Application Forms and Instructions (NIH)
- Tips and Resources for Writing Grants (NIH)
- All About Grants Podcasts (NIH)
- Summary Statement (NIH)
You can retrieve your summary statement through the NIH Commons.
- Applicant Resources from the Center for Scientific Review (NIH)
- Next Steps (NIH)
The process after your application is reviewed.
- Appeals Process (NIH)
Before beginning the appeals process, you are strongly advised to speak with the NIDCD program officer assigned to the application, as indicated in your Commons account.
- Award Management (NIH)
- NRSA FY 2023 Stipends (NIH Notice)
*Note: PDF files require a viewer such as the free Adobe Reader.