You are here
Understanding Types of Grants and Funding
The NIDCD funds research through a variety of award mechanisms.
*Note on browser compatibility: Links to funding opportunity announcements on grants.nih.gov function best in Chrome and Firefox. The links may not function properly in Safari, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge, although refreshing the screen might allow proper loading.
- Research grants (R series)
These grants may be awarded to individuals at universities, medical and other health professional schools, colleges, hospitals, research institutes, for-profit organizations, and government institutions.
- Research training and career development (NRSA, K series, and more)
These include individual fellowships, institutional awards, career development awards, and other opportunities.
- Small business grants (SBIR/STTR)
- Clinical research center grants (P50)
- Conference grants
- Administrative supplements
- Loan repayment programs (NIH)