The NIDCD is the nation’s leading funder of biomedical and behavioral research and research training in hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language. The institute also supports research and research training related to disease prevention and health promotion; addresses biomedical and behavioral issues associated with deafness and other communication disorders; and supports work on devices that substitute for or improve function for individuals with deafness or other communication disorders. Through our extramural research program, approximately 81 percent of our research budget supports scientists and laboratories at universities, hospitals, and other organizations nationwide and around the world.
Featured NIDCD Funding Opportunities and Notices
*Note on browser compatibility: Links to funding opportunity announcements on grants.nih.gov may not function properly in Internet Explorer. We recommend trying a different browser.
- Hearing Health Care for Adults: Improving Access and Affordability*
Final due dates in fall 2020.
- Digital Healthcare Interventions to Address the Secondary Health Effects Related to Social, Behavioral, and Economic Impact of COVID-19*
Supplements with a focus on vulnerable populations.
- NIDCD is Interested in Supporting Research on the Impact of COVID-19 on Mission Specific Sensory and Communication Disorders*
- Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research*
Diversity supplement research opportunities for assistant professors encouraged, in addition to other career stages.
- NIH Loan Repayment Programs
Submission deadline: now November 20.
Descriptions of our scientific program areas, workshops, and grants management and administration.
Explanation of award mechanisms.
Application procedures, guidelines, frequently asked questions, policies, deadlines, and more.
Fellowship and mentorship opportunities.
All NIDCD Funding Opportunities
Search FOAs and Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants.