The NIDCD is the nation’s leading funder of biomedical and behavioral research and research training in these seven areas of communications and related disorders: hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language. The Institute also supports research and research training related to disease prevention and health promotion; addresses biomedical and behavioral issues associated with communication disorders; and supports work on devices that substitute for or improve sensory and communication function. Through our extramural research program, approximately 81 percent of our research budget supports scientists and laboratories at universities, hospitals, and other organizations nationwide and around the world.
Grantee news showcases some recent research funded by the NIDCD.
Featured NIDCD Funding Opportunities
- Administrative Supplements for the U.S.-Japan Brain Research Cooperative Program (BRCP)
- NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21)
- NIDCD Research Dissertation Fellowship for Au.D. Audiologists (F32)
- NIDCD Mentored Career Development Award for Postdoctorate Au.D./Ph.D. Audiologists (K01)
- Hearing Health Care for Adults: Improving Access and Affordability (R01)
Descriptions of our scientific program areas, workshops, and grants management and administration.
Explanation of award mechanisms.
Application procedures, guidelines, frequently asked questions, policies, deadlines, and more.
Fellowship and mentorship opportunities.