The NIDCD is the nation’s leading funder of biomedical and behavioral research and research training in hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language. The Institute also supports research and research training related to disease prevention and health promotion; addresses biomedical and behavioral issues associated with deafness and other communication disorders; and supports work on devices that substitute for or improve function for individuals with deafness or other communication disorders. Through our extramural research program, approximately 81 percent of our research budget supports scientists and laboratories at universities, hospitals, and other organizations nationwide and around the world.
Featured NIDCD Funding Opportunities and Notices
- COVID-19 Research Funding Opportunities
- NIH Common Fund Research Funding Opportunities
- The NIDCD participates in many Common Fund opportunities, including NIH Director's Awards relating to COVID-19, Pioneer Awards, New Innovator Awards, Transformative Research Awards, and Early Independence Awards.
- Hearing Health Care for Adults: Improving Access and Affordability (R01)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) of NIDCD and NEI in Supporting Research on Usher Syndrome
Descriptions of our scientific program areas, workshops, and grants management and administration.
Explanation of award mechanisms.
Application procedures, guidelines, frequently asked questions, policies, deadlines, and more.
Fellowship and mentorship opportunities.
All NIDCD Funding Opportunities
Search FOAs and Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants.