You are here
Genomics and Computational Biology Core
Robert Morell, Ph.D., Director
The NIDCD Genomics and Computational Biology Core (GCBC) provides support for cutting edge high-throughput sequencing technologies to NIDCD and National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) investigators on a collaborative basis. Our services include library preparation of investigator-supplied RNA or DNA samples, sequencing data generation, bioinformatic analyses, and publication-ready figure preparation. Intramural NIDCD and NIDCR investigators are charged for reagent costs of library preparation and sequencing only. The GCBC also archives the data and assists investigators in uploading the necessary data files to a suitable public repository, in compliance with NIH genomic data sharing policy.
Current projects in the GCBC include:
- Whole exome and whole genome sequencing
- Tissue-level RNA-seq
- Single-cell and single-nuclei RNA-seq
- Epigenomics (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.)
- Custom projects
- Illumina HiSeq1500
- Illumina NextSeq500
- Illumina MiSeq
- Oxford Nanopore MinIon
- PacBio Sequel II
- Erich Boger, Ph.D. Contractor, Biologist +1 301 402 7853 (Send e-mail (link sends e-mail))
- Kerianne Richards, M.S. Contractor, Bioinformatics +1 301 443 2401 (Send e-mail (link sends e-mail))
- Daniel Martin Izquierdo, Ph.D. (NIDCR) +1 301 402 7535 (Send e-mail)
- Zheng Wei, Ph.D. (NIDCR) +1 301 827 6949 (Send e-mail)
Search Pubmed for more publications from the GCBC or featuring research supported by the GCBC.
- Dutzan N, Kajikawa T, Abusleme L, Greenwell-Wild T, Zuazo CE, Ikeuchi T, Brenchley L, Abe T, Hurabielle C, Martin D, Morell RJ, Freeman AF, Lazarevic V, Trinchieri G, Diaz PI, Holland SM, Belkaid Y, Hajishengallis G, Moutsopoulos NM (2018) A dysbiotic microbiome triggers TH17 cells to mediate oral mucosal immunopathology in mice and humans. Science translational medicine 10.
- McClain-Caldwell I, Vitale-Cross L, Mayer B, Krepuska M, Boyajian M, Myneni V, Martin D, Marko K, Nemeth K, Mezey E (2018) Immunogenic potential of human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells is enhanced by hyperthermia. Cytotherapy 20:1437-1444.
- Nakano Y, Kelly MC, Rehman AU, Boger ET, Morell RJ, Kelley MW, Friedman TB, Banfi B (2018) Defects in the alternative splicing-dependent regulation of REST cause deafness. Cell 174:536-548.e521.
- Ryals M, Morell RJ, Martin D, Boger ET, Wu P, Raible DW, Cunningham LL (2018) The inner ear heat shock transcriptional signature identifies compounds that protect against aminoglycoside ototoxicity. Frontiers in cellular neuroscience 12:445.
- Song Y, Milon B, Ott S, Zhao X, Sadzewicz L, Shetty A, Boger ET, Tallon LJ, Morell RJ, Mahurkar A, Hertzano R (2018) A comparative analysis of library prep approaches for sequencing low input translatome samples. BMC genomics 19:696.
- Chattaraj P, Munjal T, Honda K, Rendtorff ND, Ratay JS, Muskett JA, Risso DS, Roux I, Gertz EM, Schaffer AA, Friedman TB, Morell RJ, Tranebjaerg L, Griffith AJ (2017) A common SLC26A4-linked haplotype underlying non-syndromic hearing loss with enlargement of the vestibular aqueduct. Journal of medical genetics 54:665-673.
- Honda K, Kim SH, Kelly MC, Burns JC, Constance L, Li X, Zhou F, Hoa M, Kelley MW, Wangemann P, Morell RJ, Griffith AJ (2017) Molecular architecture underlying fluid absorption by the developing inner ear. eLife 6.
- Burns JC, Kelly MC, Hoa M, Morell RJ, Kelley MW (2015) Single-cell RNA-Seq resolves cellular complexity in sensory organs from the neonatal inner ear. Nature communications 6:8557.