You are here
Genomics and Computational Biology Core
Robert Morell, Ph.D., Director
The NIDCD Genomics and Computational Biology Core (GCBC) provides support for cutting edge high-throughput sequencing technologies to NIDCD and National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) investigators on a collaborative basis. Our services include library preparation of investigator-supplied RNA or DNA samples, sequencing data generation, bioinformatic analyses, and publication-ready figure preparation. Intramural NIDCD and NIDCR investigators are charged for reagent costs of library preparation and sequencing only. The GCBC also archives the data and assists investigators in uploading the necessary data files to a suitable public repository, in compliance with NIH genomic data sharing policy.
Current projects in the GCBC include:
- Whole exome and whole genome sequencing
- Tissue-level RNA-seq
- Single-cell and single-nuclei RNA-seq
- Epigenomics (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.)
- Custom projects
- Illumina HiSeq1500
- Illumina NextSeq500
- Illumina MiSeq
- Oxford Nanopore MinIon
- PacBio Sequel II
- Erich Boger, Ph.D. Contractor, Biologist +1 301 402 7853 (Send e-mail (link sends e-mail))
- Kerianne Richards, M.S. Contractor, Bioinformatics +1 301 443 2401 (Send e-mail (link sends e-mail))
- Daniel Martin Izquierdo, Ph.D. (NIDCR) +1 301 402 7535 (Send e-mail)
- Zheng Wei, Ph.D. (NIDCR) +1 301 827 6949 (Send e-mail)
- Nakano Y, Kelly MC, Rehman AU, Boger ET, Morell RJ, Kelley MW, Friedman TB, Banfi B (2018) Defects in the alternative splicing-dependent regulation of REST cause deafness. Cell 174:536-548 e521.
- Ryals M, Morell RJ, Martin D, Boger ET, Wu P, Raible DW, Cunningham LL (2018) The inner ear heat shock transcriptional signature identifies compounds that protect against aminoglycoside ototoxicity. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience 12.
- Song Y, Milon B, Ott S, Zhao X, Sadzewicz L, Shetty A, Boger ET, Tallon LJ, Morell RJ, Mahurkar A, Hertzano R (2018) A comparative analysis of library prep approaches for sequencing low input translatome samples. BMC Genomics 19:696.
- Burns JC, Kelly MC, Hoa M, Morell RJ, Kelley MW (2015) Single-cell RNA-Seq resolves cellular complexity in sensory organs from the neonatal inner ear. Nat Commun 6:8557.
- Walentin K, Hinze C, Werth M, Haase N, Varma S, Morell R, Aue A, Potschke E, Warburton D, Qiu A, Barasch J, Purfurst B, Dieterich C, Popova E, Bader M, Dechend R, Staff AC, Yurtdas ZY, Kilic E, Schmidt-Ott KM (2015) A Grhl2-dependent gene network controls trophoblast branching morphogenesis. Development 142:1125-1136.
- Varma S, Cao Y, Tagne JB, Lakshminarayanan M, Li J, Friedman TB, Morell RJ, Warburton D, Kotton DN, Ramirez MI (2012) The transcription factors Grainyhead-like 2 and NK2-homeobox 1 form a regulatory loop that coordinates lung epithelial cell morphogenesis and differentiation. J Biol Chem 287:37282-37295.
- Schultz JM et al. (2009) Noncoding mutations of HGF are associated with nonsyndromic hearing loss, DFNB39. Am J Hum Genet 85:25-39.
- Peters LM, Belyantseva IA, Lagziel A, Battey JF, Friedman TB, Morell RJ (2007) Signatures from tissue-specific MPSS libraries identify transcripts preferentially expressed in the mouse inner ear. Genomics 89:197-206.
- Peters LM, Anderson DW, Griffith AJ, Grundfast KM, San Agustin TB, Madeo AC, Friedman TB, Morell RJ (2002) Mutation of a transcription factor, TFCP2L3, causes progressive autosomal dominant hearing loss, DFNA28. Human molecular genetics 11:2877-2885.