You are here
Apply Early and Choose the Appropriate FOA
The NIDCD encourages applicants to submit application 30 days in advance of the deadline. This will allow time to work through unforeseen issues.
Choose the Appropriate FOA
Applying to an inappropriate funding opportunity announcement (FOA) may result in your application being returned.
Correctly identifying whether a study is a clinical trial is crucial to:
- Picking the right funding opportunity.
- Ensuring that applications include the required information for peer review.
- Complying with appropriate policies and regulations.
Therefore, it is important to submit your application early.
Determine if an FOA Accepts Clinical Trials
Effective for due dates on or after January 25, 2018, if your application contains a clinical trial, you must apply to an FOA that specifies one of the following:
- “Clinical Trial Optional”
- “Clinical Trial Required”
All FOAs will specify the allowability of clinical trials applications in the title and in a new row in section II, as shown below: