You are here
New Online Features and Updated Statistics
Check out the NIDCD’s new Do You Need a Hearing Test? interactive quiz. Based on our hearing test bookmark, this quiz asks ten quick questions to help individuals determine if they should have their hearing tested by a hearing health professional.
The quiz has also been designed as a widget so that others can easily incorporate it into their websites or blogs. A widget is an application that displays featured content directly on your website or blog. Once you've added the widget to your site, any future updates to the content will occur automatically. Because information from our website is in the public domain,
use of our widget is both encouraged and free.
The NIDCD also has a new shareable infographic on Hearing Loss and Hearing Aid Use. The infographic highlights the number of U.S. adults with hearing loss and the proportion who have ever used a hearing aid . We encourage you to share this image, along with the many other images that are available on the NIDCD website, through your social media channels.
We’ve also updated our Voice, Speech, and Language Quick Statistics page, which is popular with the media, students, and the general public.
New and Updated English and Spanish Fact Sheets
The NIDCD has several new and updated fact sheets available online.
- Age-Related Hearing Loss
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Loss and Older Adults
- Telecommunications Relay Services
- Vestibular Schwannoma (Acoustic Neuroma) and Neurofibromatosis
- Who Can I Turn to for Help with My Hearing Loss?
- Cuidando su voz (Taking Care of Your Voice)
- Implantes cocleares (Cochlear Implants)
- La enfermedad de Ménière (Ménière’s Disease)
- ¿Necesita una prueba de audición? (Do You Need a Hearing Test?)
- Pérdida de audición relacionada con la edad (Age-Related Hearing Loss)
- Problemas de comunicación en los niños con trastornos del espectro autista (Communication Problems in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder)
You can read, download, or request free copies of all of our publications on the health information section of our website.