On October 24-25, 2023, the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) will hold a virtual workshop to explore how to advance dissemination and implementation (D&I) research in the field of communication disorders. The National Institutes of Health supports D&I research on how evidence-based practices, interventions, and policies can be effectively translated to and used in real-world settings. The goals of this workshop are to:
- Bring together NIDCD and D&I scientists to define the current state of D&I research in NIDCD mission areas as a whole.
- Identify research needs and opportunities faced by individual researchers in conducting D&I research across NIDCD mission areas.
- Understand how we can work collectively to build capacity to conduct and sustain D&I research across NIDCD mission areas.
The two-day workshop is open to all to view online. Live captioning will be available.
- What: Dissemination and Implementation (D&I) Science in Communication Disorders: Virtual Workshop.
- Who: Chaired by Holly Storkel, Ph.D., Program Officer for the NIDCD Language Program; Cathy Binger, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Professor, University of New Mexico; Tina Studts, Ph.D., MSPH, LCSW, Associate Professor, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- When: October 24-25, 2023, noon - 5 p.m. Eastern time.
- Where: Participants may watch on the NIH videocast website. For questions or reasonable accommodation requests, contact Tanji Johnson.