Executive Director: Ms. Sarah Oakley
Online Community Executive: Ms. Ella Doyle
Our mission is to pioneer world-class research to find a cure for smell disorders and deliver the best care and support for patients. Additionally, we accomplish the following:
- Deliver a valued support program that empowers and educates people with smell disorders.
- Share information that guides best practice in self-management and clinical care.
- Fund world-class research and facilitate patient participation to deliver real-world treatments, support, and cures.
We also provide the following services:
- Facilitate peer support in online forums.
- Conduct regular updates on research and clinical practice.
- Support smell training to aid recovery of the sense of smell.
- Share medically-endorsed guidance for self-care in managing smell conditions.
Our target audience includes people ages 18 and over who are affected by a smell disorder including anosmia, parosmia, or hyposmia.
The majority of our resources are in English, but we also produce information sheets in Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and French.
We make all information and research freely available, and membership of our facilitated online groups and network is free.
AbScent Newsletter - monthly
AbScent YouTube library - updated whenever new videos are created
AbScent Snif app - a free web-based app to assist with smell training