You are here
Clint T. Allen, M.D.
Dr. Allen received an M.D. degree from Texas A&M University’s College of Medicine and completed his clinical training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Washington University in St. Louis with advanced training in Laryngological Surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle. He is an alumnus of the Clinical Research Training Program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), where, under Dr. Carter Van Waes, he studied alterations in oncogenic signaling pathways within head and neck cancer cells following EGFR and proteasome targeting therapies. During his clinical residency training, he helped characterize a newly developed syngeneic model of oral cavity cancer developed in the laboratory of Ravindra Uppaluri. Dr. Allen holds a faculty appointment in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and has an active clinical practice in the Bethesda, Maryland, area. He joined the NIDCD as an investigator in the Otolaryngology Surgeon-Scientist Development Program in late 2013.
Otolaryngology Surgeon-Scientist Program
- Allen CT, Conley B, Sunwoo JB, Van Waes C. CCR 20th Anniversary Commentary: Preclinical Study of Proteasome Inhibitor Bortezomib in Head and Neck Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2015 Mar 1;21(5):942-3.
- Nottingham LK, Yan CH, Yang X, Si H, Coupar J, Bian Y, Cheng TF, Allen C, Arun P, Gius D, Dang L, Van Waes C, Chen Z. Aberrant IKKα and IKKβ cooperatively activate NF-κB and induce EGFR/AP1 signaling to promote survival and migration of head and neck cancer. Oncogene. 2014 Feb 27;33(9):1135-47.
- Allen C, Law J, Dunn, G, Uppaluri R. Emerging insights into head and neck cancer metastasis. Head Neck. 2013 Nov;35(11):1669-78.
- Allen C, Judd N, Winkler A, Uppaluri R. Comparative analysis of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in a syngeneic mouse model of oral cancer. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Sep;147(3):493-500.
- Allen C, Judd N, Bui J, Uppaluri R. The clinical implications of antitumor immunity in head and neck cancer. Laryngoscope. 2012 Jan;122(1):144-57.
- Lu H, Yang X, Duggal P, Allen CT, Yan B, Cohen J, Nottingham L, Romano RA, Sinha S, King KE, Weinberg WC, Chen Z, Van Waes C. TNF-α promotes c-REL/ΔNp63α interaction and TAp73 dissociation from key genes that mediate growth arrest and apoptosis in head and neck cancer. Cancer Res. 2011 Nov 1;71(21):6867-77.
- Yang X, Lu H, Yan B, Romano RA, Bian Y, Friedman J, Duggal P, Allen C, Chuang R, Ehsanian R, Si H, Sinha S, Van Waes C, Chen Z. ΔNp63 versatilely regulates a Broad NF-κB gene program and promotes squamous epithelial proliferation, migration, and inflammation. Cancer Res. 2011 May 15;71(10):3688-3700.
- Allen CT, Lewis JS Jr, El-Mofty SK, Haughey BH, Nussenbaum B. Human papillomavirus and oropharynx cancer: biology, detection and clinical implications. Laryngoscope. 2010 Sep;120(9):1756-72.
- Van Waes C, Allen CT, Citrin D, Gius D, Colevas AD, Harold NA, Rudy S, Nottingham L, Muir C, Chen Z, Singh AK, Dancey J, Morris JC. Molecular and clinical responses in a pilot study of gefitinib with paclitaxel and radiation in locally advanced head-and-neck cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Jun 1;77(2):447-54.