You are here
Information for Educators and Students
- NIDCD's Noisy Planet Campaign—Protecting Kids' Hearing
- What Is Sound?—Explains the physical properties of sound.
- How Loud is Too Loud?—Explains which sounds are most dangerous to our hearing.
- Travel Inside the Ear—Explains how sound travels inside our ear to be interpreted by the brain.
- I Love What I Hear! —Describes how sounds in our environment can affect our hearing and the importance of being an “Ear Defender!”
- Keeping Noise Down on the Farm—Teaches kids who live on farms to protect their hearing. On our Noisy Planet website.
- I Love What I Hear! (grades 3-6)—Help younger students take part in fun, simple activities on hearing.
- How Your Brain Understands What Your Ear Hears (grades 7–8)—Incorporate lesson plans and multimedia activities on hearing and sound into your curriculum.
Last Updated Date:
June 29, 2017