The NIDCD funds research through a variety of award mechanisms.
- Research grants (R series)
These grants may be awarded to individuals at universities, medical and other health professional schools, colleges, hospitals, research institutes, for-profit organizations, and government institutions.
- Research training and career development (NRSA, K series, and more)
These include individual fellowships, institutional awards, career development awards, and other opportunities.
- Small business grants (SBIR/STTR)
- Clinical research center grants (P50)
- Clinical trials funding (R01, U01)
- Conference grants
- Administrative supplements
- Funding for drug development
- Loan repayment programs (NIH)