You are here
Noisy Planet Celebrates Five Years of Teaching Parents and Preteens about Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
Since the launch of It’s a Noisy Planet. Protect Their Hearing®, in October 2008, the NIDCD Noisy Planet team has traveled hundreds of miles throughout the Washington, DC, metropolitan area to educate kids about how to protect their hearing. With their Noisy Planet educator kits, the presenters have visited 91 schools in 24 towns. In the five years since Noisy Planet began, the campaign has reached:
- 73,000+ parents and other adults through material distribution.
- 9,000+ preteens through school presentations.
- 16,000+ nurses or extension agents through conferences or exhibits.
- 2,000+ parents or health professionals through monthly E-Bulletins.
- 916,000+ members of the general public through social media.
Join us in celebrating our first five years by visiting the campaign website and taking a look at the major milestones of the campaign’s history.
It's a Noisy Planet. Protect Their Hearing® is a registered trademark of HHS.