You are here
Funding for Research
The NIDCD is the nation’s leading funder of biomedical and behavioral research and research training in these seven areas of communications and related disorders: hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech, and language. The Institute also supports research and research training related to disease prevention and health promotion; addresses biomedical and behavioral issues associated with communication disorders; and supports work on devices that substitute for or improve sensory and communication function. Through our extramural research program, approximately 81 percent of our research budget supports scientists and laboratories at universities, hospitals, and other organizations nationwide and around the world.
Grantee news showcases some recent research funded by the NIDCD.
Featured NIDCD Funding Opportunities
- The NIDCD Early Career Research (ECR) Award (R21) replaced the NIDCD Small Grant Program (R03) on 12/11/15
- NIDCD research career transition award for nurturing clinician-investigators (K22)
- Administrative supplements for the U.S.-Japan Brain Research Cooperative Program
- Advancing Research in Voice Disorders (R01)
- Behavioral and Social Science Research on Understanding and Reducing Health Disparities (R01)
Descriptions of our scientific program areas, workshops, and grants management and administration.
Explanation of award mechanisms.
Application procedures, guidelines, frequently asked questions, policies, deadlines, and more.
Fellowship and mentorship opportunities.