- Noise-induced hearing loss is preventable.
- There are three things to consider about noise: How loud. How long. How close.
- Workplace noises contribute to noise-induced hearing loss.
- An extreme noise like a firecracker, experienced at close range, can damage hearing permanently in an instant.
- Repeated exposure to engines and machines like motorcycles or chain saws can erode hearing more slowly. The result is the same: irreversible hearing loss.
- Be aware of damaging noise.
- Be prepared to protect your hearing. Carry earplugs or other protection.
- Understand how hearing works and how it can be damaged.
- If you are wearing a personal stereo headphones or earbuds… and the person next to you can hear the lyrics to the song… damage.
- If your teenager is doing lawn work for the summer, using a gasoline engine but not wearing hearing protection, hour after hour,… damage.
- If anyone in your family uses a firearm for recreational shooting and does not use hearing protection… damage.
- If your kids are watching you cut wood with a power saw to build a bookshelf in your basement and no one is ;wearing protection… you are all experiencing damage.
- Riddle: What is painless, odorless, tasteless, invisible, and toxic? Noise-induced hearing loss.
Protected ears are WISE EARS!® and WISE EARS!® last a lifetime.