Trends in Newborn Hearing Screening Rates
- Complete data not available.
- Reported screening rate may be higher than the actual screening rate because the number of births reported by the program was notably less than the number of births reported by the Vital Records program.
The main site for Early Hearing Detection & Intervention (EHDI) data is www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/ehdi/data.htm.
- Data source for the 2007 map is from EHDI Data, NCBDDD, CDC.
- Data source for the 2005 map is from Summary of Infants Screened for Hearing Loss in 2005 (Updated April 2010) (150k PDF)
- Data source for the 2003 map is from Table G: 2003 DSHPSHWA Data Summary, Page 28 (450k PDF)
- Data source for 2001 EHDI Newborn Hearing Screening Rate Map is from Infants Tested for Hearing Loss—United States, 1999–2001
Chart created by the NIDCD Epidemiology and Statistics Program. Updated in November 2012.